Commercial crime insurance protects organisations from loss of money, securities, or inventory resulting from crime, including employee dishonesty, embezzlement, forgery, robbery, safe burglary, computer fraud, wire transfer fraud, counterfeiting, and other criminal acts.
The cover provided by a crime insurance policy will include:
- Funds transfer fraud coverage pays for losses following a fraudulent transaction from your account.
- Money and security coverage pays for money and securities taken by burglary, robbery, theft, disappearance and destruction.
- Employee dishonesty coverage pays for losses caused by most dishonest acts of your employees, such as embezzlement and theft.
Why not contact us today to find out your options when it comes to commercial crime and fraud insurance.
What is commercial crime insurance?
There are many reasons for taking out a policy. For instance, an employer may be concerned with potential employee dishonesty, or a business that handles cash or securities which needs protection from robbery or theft.
Because crime-related losses are not typically covered by most standard commercial property insurance policies, crime protection insurance is an additional component for risk management within your business.
Examples of what Crime Insurance can cover:
- Employee theft
- Money and securities while on premises or in transit
- Funds transfer fraud
- Computer fraud
- Money order and counterfeit currency fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Optional client coverage
- Coverage for investigative costs for covered losses
- Broad definition of employee, including directors and officers; employees, including part-time, leased, temporary, and seasonal employees; and volunteers.
- Worldwide coverage.
Why consider crime insurance?
Fraud and embezzlement in the UK workplace is on the rise, occurring in even the best work environments. According to a leading international accounting firm:
- 80% of workplace crime is carried out by employees
- One in four employees has either committed or witnessed workplace fraud and abuse
- One in four employees committing fraud against their employer has been with the company for more than 10 years
- Only one in three of those who have witnessed a workplace crime bother to report it
Why not contact us today to find out more about commercial crime insurance.