Any business or person who provides services such as advice, design, or offers their skills or knowledge services in a professional capacity should consider having professional indemnity insurance in place.
Professional Indemnity provides protection against losses which are a result of any negligence. This can cover the actual loss (i.e. damages) or the costs that result in defending a claim that may not be successful.
This an essential risk management tool for professional companies for peace of mind, as well as giving consumer protection to their clients.
Do You Need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
As a professional you have a duty of care to anybody relies upon the service or advice you provide and your clients, who expect high standards of service, may be more inclined to resort to litigation when these standards have not been met.
Examples of what Professional Indemnity Insurance can cover:
- Cover for breach of professional duty – infringement of copyright, breach of confidentiality, defamation and other types of civil liability.
- Fraud and dishonesty – liability of your business to any third party resulting from fraudulent or dishonest conduct.
- Lost documents – costs of replacing or restoring documents lost or damaged in transit in custody or control.
- Court attendance cover – if attending court as a witness when defending claims.
- Joint ventures cover – cover against the liability arising from the customer’s professional services in relation to any joint venture.
Why not contact us today to find out your options when it comes to Professional Indemnity insurance.