If you own or run a business, public liability insurance is essential to protect you against accidental injury and property damage claims from customers, visitors and people you visit in the course of your work.
What is Public Liability Insurance?
Public liability insurance covers compensation payments and any associated legal costs if you or your employees are held responsible for causing injury to a member of the general public, or the loss of or damage to their property.
This also includes products liability cover, which protects your business from compensation and associated legal costs if a product you make or supply causes injury to someone or damages their property.
Examples of what a Public Liability Insurance can cover:
- £1 million protection as standard (can be increaseed to £2 million or £5 million).
- Cover for legal defence costs and compensation you owe.
- Cover for injury to working partners (if your business is a partnership).
- Cover for accidental damage to employees’ and visitors’ vehicles and personal belongings in your custody and control where you are legally liable.
- Compensation per day if you or your employees need to attend court.
- Cover if you are legally liable to pay compensation under the Data Protection Act.
- Free 24/7 legal and tax helpline. Confidential support on key issues like employment disputes.
- Employee counselling service – advice to help your staff deal with issues both inside and outside of work like bereavement.
Why not contact us today to find out your options when it comes to public liability insurance.